A social history includes the social and personal details of the individual's life and lifestyle.
Collect a brief biography
- Where was the patient born?
- What is the level of education, including literacy and languages spoken?
- What is the occupation or are they retired, and when did they retire?
- What is the marital status?
- Does the patient have children or grandchildren?
- Any significant life events? (ex- immigration, war experience)
- Is the patient a veteran?
Collect details about their current living situation
- Where does the patient live?
- Any accessibility barriers or environmental details about the home?
- Who does the patient live with?
- Who makes up the patient support network and how are the caregivers coping?
- Website - Elder Abuse Ontario
- Website - Advocacy Centre for the Elderly
- Government of Ontario website - The Consent and Capacity Board of Ontario
- Jenny Ingram - “Capacity Assessment”